Monday, March 2, 2009

StAyInG CoZy!!!



The other day was a cold, blustery day. Tried to stay warm but it didn't seem to be an easy thing to do.

I decided to make a wonderful ChIcKeN PoT PiE!! I put all of my ingredients together and threw it in the old stoneware pie plate and topped it off with a nice little crust. After brushing it with egg and a bit of milk, popped it in the oven. The smell was sooo yummy and I just love having something in the oven on a cold day and being able to dig in and enjoy a nice 1 dish meal. Those are the best, casseroles, pot pies, crock pot dinners... love them all! Anyway, when it was finished to a beautiful golden brown, I placed it on the old wooden cutting board. I just love the sound of the stoneware being placed on the wood. Something about that sound brings back warm memories and thoughts of a simple time. When we all lived lives that were not rushed and the sound of laughter could be heard all around the neighborhood and noone had a care in the world. Anyway, we enjoyed the fruits of my labor of love and it ended up being a nice toasty evening after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment