Friday, August 7, 2009

Pollie ~ July 28, 1994 ~~ August 7, 2009


Today I said "goodbye" to my little baby. My Pollie that I have loved and that I begged for 15 years ago. In those 15 years, she has danced, barked, snuggled, kissed and smelled like doritos. My baby has been going down hill for a while and last night, as I gave her a bathie, I realized, it is time. She had gotten so thin, so frail. So with a heavy heart, I called the Vet this morning. I made the decision and the appointment. When I went to wake up my little Pollie, I found that she has messed herself. I knew what had to be done but that does not make it any easier. I cleaned her up, wrapped her in her pink blankie and drove to the vet, crying the entire way. They took us in immediately and confirmed that yes, it was time.
As I held her little body and buried my face in her chocolate fur, I cried and told her to find her little doggie friends that have gone before her. Bosco, Nikkie, Jake, Molson. And I told her to find Grammie...My Mom...because I knew if they found each other, all would be ok. As I held her, and felt her tiny heart cease to beat any longer, I felt my own heart breaking. Knowing I would never smell her funny dorito smell. Never hear her nails clicking on the floor, never wake up in the morning to see her little face again.
I will miss my Pollie more than she will ever know. She will never know how much I love her. She will be in my heart forever.
Pollie, I Love You. You were such a good girl.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment